Off Topic -- Replies Seen Before Original Message

From: Larry G. Elkins <elkinsl_at_flash.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 20:06:34 -0500

Listers,

My first inclination is to wonder if my ISP is having problems; but, before going to them, I was wondering if others are seeing replies to messages prior to the original message appearing on the list. I have seen this happen quite a bit during the last few days. Just today, I saw a handful of responses to the "Would You Let Them Do That" thread before the original question arrived in my mailbox (about 3 or 4 hours later).

I suspect my ISP (they were just bought by another company and went through some major changes). But, I suppose it is possible for the list server to forward mails to some people and kind of foul up and forward them to others on the list later. Or, it could be something in between my ISP and their upstream providers, etc. So, before I give my ISP a call and ask them to look into it, I thought I would ask if anyone else is seeing this behavior.

Regards,

Larry G. Elkins
The Elkins Organization Inc.
elkinsl_at_flash.net Received on Tue Jun 13 2000 - 20:06:34 CDT