Re: How much Unix?

From: Chris Royce <Chris_at_Royce.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 20:42:48 -0400

I am pleased to say that at our site the DBA and SA are virtually 'joined at the hip' with great communications and an awareness that we are an "ORACLE SHOP' supported extremely well by UNIX administration. As the DBA I am UNIX aware (more than a little) and the SA is ORACLE aware (more than a little) soooooooo... a great team has been formed. Neither one could get along without the other BUT no 'toes get stepped on' (mostly). I might add that our Data Center Director was very aware of the requirements of putting together such a team and took great care in doing so -- that goes for the Applications Admin as well. BUT I will say this about being UNIX aware --- YES YES YES.

Thank you Jared !!!