Re: Autoextend Data files - Corruption???

From: <Kip.Bryant_at_Vishay.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 09:21:03 -0700

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the feedback. The potential for runaway tablespace growth was one of the things I worried about and led me to resist using this feature initially (when I got to 8.0.4). But given the max size for the datafile, paying attention to how much capacity I had (raid 0+1 environment), and the fact that individual tables would hit maxextents (I don't let them set unlimited) long before the tablespace growth would get out of hand...I finally decided that I could minimize damage through monitoring. Haven't been burned so far... ;-)

Kip