Re: hang/wait problem

From: <Winnie_Liu_at_infonet.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 09:38:20 -0700

Ruth, I think the problem that LInda is having is

  1. It may take a while for the session to go away even though you killed that session. Oracle may need to rollback and clean up that session. It may take up to hours to do that.
  2. I hope she is not in archivelog mode! How can she "stop" the archivelog mode by "ALTER SYSTEM ARCHIVE LOG STOP"??!?!? That will stop that archiver! Not change the database to noarchivelog mode!

The fact taht in the alert.log file showing that all online redolog files are waiting for archive is a clear point!

If you want to turn the database into noarchivelog mode. You need to mount the database. and then issue ALTER DATABASE NOARCHIVELOG.

Winnie

"Ruth Gramolini" <rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us> on 06/12/2000 07:36:59 AM

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc: (bcc: Winnie Liu/HQ/ISC)

Subject: Re: hang/wait problem

Try looking at v$lock and get the SID of the user who is causing the trouble from this and check v$session for the serial# or this user using the SID. Then you can issue this sql:
alter system kill session 'SID,SEREAL#';Ruth B. Gramolini ORACLE & DB2 DBA
VT Dept. of Taxes
ph# 802.828.5708
fax# 802.828..3754
rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us