Oracle Support Services

From: Linda Hagedorn <Linda_at_pets.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 13:54:11 -0700

Eric wrote:
> Anyway, how is the "culture shock" going from being a DB2 DBA to
> Oracle so far? :)

Thank you for asking. The structures between Oracle and DB2 are identical in function, except the v$ views are provided with Oracle, while in DB2 the access to live control blocks was through third party products (BMC, Platinum, Candle), or by tracing or other manipulation.

I'm looking to fill in the little gaps I have in my correlation between the products, and the people on this list are of great help.

Best regards, Received on Mon Jun 12 2000 - 15:54:11 CDT