RE: ORACLE NAME SERVER

From: Steven Monaghan <Steve.Monaghan_at_wcom.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 14:48:00 -0400

It allows us to move applications from one db instance to another or move db instances from one machine/IP to another without the need to change the local tnsnames.ora files on the 600 or so client machines.

We just set it up less than 2 months ago and are running fine.

Steve Monaghan
Worldcom
Long Island, NY, USA