Re: Redo logs on mirrored disks

From: Chris Royce <Chris_at_Royce.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 15:26:14 -0400

--------------F8B0D6A380D326E584217A59

I run my Production databases on RAID 0+1 with the redo logs NOT duplexed. No problems in a number of years. I have had a couple of problems, however, with duplexed redo logs. Explanations on request.

Chris Royce
Jamestown NC

rsands_at_lendleaserei.com wrote:

> listers,
>
> Reading through Steve Adams web site, I came across
> the tip that says redo logs should be mirrored or
> multiplexed, but there is no need to do both. The
> explanation makes sense, but I have never run a
> production database without multiplexing redo logs,
> and the thought of doing so is a little scary!! I
> wanted to find out how many other DBA's have taken
> this approach, and if you've tried it, how much of
> performance difference have you seen? Is there any
> increased risk of data loss?
>
> TIA ... Robyn Sands

> INET: rsands_at_lendleaserei.com

--------------F8B0D6A380D326E584217A59

<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"> <html>
I run my Production databases on RAID 0+1 with the redo logs <u>NOT</u> duplexed. No problems in a number of years. I have had a couple of problems, however, with duplexed redo logs. Explanations on request.

FAX: (858) 538-5051