RE: Oracle7.3.4. listener and Oracle8.0.4 listener on the same m achi

From: Boivin, Patrice J <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 16:19:42 -0300

It's because I am testing Savant Software's Q Diagnostics software, and = it
defaults to using plus33.exe, which can't work with my TNSListener8 = service
for some reason.

I installed their demo on a test server instead that has four Oracle7 instances on it, that way there will not be any confusion.

Since posting the message I also discovered how to bypass their default setup procedure (invoked through the GUI), we can run the scripts from = the
command prompt instead if we want, although it's a bit more = complicated.

But that's OK, never stopped me before.

Thanks Chuck for responding.

Regards,
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des syst=E8mes
Technology Services        | Services technologiques
Informatics Branch         | Direction de l'informatique=20
Maritimes Region, DFO      | R=E9gion des Maritimes, MPO