RE: Sun Memory Upgrade problem

From: Alvarez, Carlos <CAlvarez_at_uniFON.com.ar>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 16:35:13 -0300

Hi Waleed,

        have you been modified the SGA size?. If so, maybe you got a SGA too big for your processor. If you have a large memory and slow processors, take into account that oracle will waste a lot of time searching a block that is not in the buffer, or a cursor that is not in the pool area.

Take a look at the processor activity (mpstat 5), maybe your bottleneck is there.

HTH Carlo.