Define: An ORACLE Database Administrator ?????????????????????????????

From: Chris Royce <Chris_at_Royce.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 20:31:39 -0400

I DO agree with you about 'clueless sys admins' BUT, at all of my sites ---- I have a 'pow-wow' with the sys admin and explain what the ORACLE systems archetecture is all about and the importance of just a few components. HEY !!!, DBAs have a dotted line on their throat that says 'CUT HERE' ----- if the database doesn't come back up !!'. I maintain that the best DBA in the World is the one that ==== BRINGS IT BACK !!! ====. They may be not much useful elsewhere i.e. sql syntax, plSQUEEL, packages, intricate outer union joins with inner cartesian products etc. BUT :

NEW FORUM :             Define an ORACLE DBA ??