Database Migration Assistant

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 20:33:46 -0400

I installed 8.1.6 today and migrated an 8.1.5 database to the new release. I wanted to try using Oracle's Database Migration Assistant, but when I ran it, it failed because of an invalid username/password error. I got as far as the screen where I had to type in the old and new Oracle home directories, and the location of the initialization parameter file. There was no place to type in a username & password. In fact, I don't even know what username and password the utility was trying to use. Has anyone encountered this problem before? I checked the Oracle Migration manual, and have found nothing about specifying a username/password. I ended up doing the migration manually, but I'm curious as to what went wrong with the migration assistant. Anyone know?

Jonathan

jonathan_at_gennick.com =20
http://gennick.com
Brighten the Corner Where You Are Received on Mon Jun 12 2000 - 19:33:46 CDT