Re: How much Unix?

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 20:39:54 -0400

In the past, I've found that the more I know about the underlying O/S, the better. At the least, you need to know how to copy and rename files, navigate the directory structure, edit files (use vi), and you should probably learn how to write some simple shell scripts. There's probably more that doesn't come to mind right now. For issues involving system configuration (kernal parameters for example), I lean heavily on my friendly sys admin person.

Jonathan

jonathan_at_gennick.com =20
http://gennick.com
Brighten the Corner Where You Are

On Mon, 12 Jun 2000 15:45:10 -0800, you wrote:

>If your an Oracle DBA, How much Unix should you know? Shell =
programming? etc.... Received on Mon Jun 12 2000 - 19:39:54 CDT