Re: Completely Offtopic: Where are you from ?

From: <G.Plivna_at_itsystems.lv>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 16:18:12 +0300

Hi!

Weather is wonderful, sun shines without any cloud and we have today and tomorrow F1 championship
(of course on water ;)

About IT market:

We have some ~10 IT companies rather large (of course in Latvian scale) working not only for Latvian market.
In Europe these companies would be below the average. I really cannot accurately say how many there are small companies but I think ~200 should be.
Here one can found a list of IT companies in Latvia http://www.latnet.lv/WWWsites/business/trade/computerEquipment.htm

We have LITTA (Latvian IT and Telecommunications Assocciation) from 1998.11.23
and there are big future plans for Latvia to be a big IT country ;) Maybe these plans are not too unreal because Europe and Latvia, too, is in shortage of good IT experts

So I'm the product of these plans too :) yesterday I graduated computer science in Latvian University, bachelor. And I'm working with Oracle for more than 3 years.

Gints Plivna