Bug Confirmed: statement level triggers

From: Leng Kaing <leng.kaing_at_hancorp.com.au>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 16:08:28 +1000

Guys,

After a week with Oracle support, they have confirmed that I'm hitting a known bug.

Here's a snippet of reply from my tar:
- ct is most likely hitting <Bug:936193> marked as fixed in 8.1.5.1 and 8.1.6.2& 8.1.7 --> only 8.1.5.1 is available at   the moment - 8.1.6.2 due out shortly.

So we're stuck. Don't want to downgrade. Gotta wait for the upgrade. Argh!

Leng.

From: Vadim Gorbunov <dim_at_protek.ru>
 Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 13:22:50 +0400
 Subject: Re: 8.1.6 Bug - statement level triggers

Hello, Leng

Have the same problem. Both on UnixWare and NT. Looks like generic bug. Master/detail and delete triggers make detonating mix. One way triggers do not
fire (see metalink), another crash. :-(. I appreciate very much if you let me
know when you find solution

Vadim Gorbunov
Oracle DBA