SQL*Net/Net8 and plain text passwords

From: Sherwin Anthony Sequeira <sherwin_at_sequeira.ezesurf.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 22:09:30 +0200

Hi fellow (this includes males and females) DBAs,

        I have an application that connects to an Oracle database via a Web Server, machine from is Unix or NT, and machine to can be Unix or NT.

        The customer's concern is passwords being sent over SQL*Net/Net8.

        I have reassured him that plain text passwords will not be sent over the network. I mentioned OS authentication, which I am sure will work.  I am also sure that there is a Net parameter for encryption.

        Any ideas? I am @ home now after a long hard weeks work, with no documentation available, except on the laptop, and that is giving up the ghost.

        Any hints, tips. pointers, URL's, direct experience, even that it can't be done?

        Regards and TIA. Received on Fri Jun 09 2000 - 15:09:30 CDT