Re: Index Rebuilds

From: paquette stephane <stephane_paquette_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 06:22:09 -0700 (PDT)

On all new projects I've worked on since Oracle 8, I've choosed cost base. Anyway all new stuff only works with cost base.
I've tested cost base on Oracle 7.x and it was pretty unstabled, especially on 7.2

Analyze table are done on a daily or weekly basis depending on the applications and tables.

Analyze do not lock table.

I've not switched from rule base to cost base but I'm sure there is a big tuning effort involve in that.

Stephane Paquette
DBA Oracle
stephane_paquette_at_yahoo.com
spaquette_at_houra.fr
(33) 01 53 93 06 50

Do You Yahoo!? Received on Fri Jun 09 2000 - 08:22:09 CDT