Re: RunInstaller error (8.1.5 on Siemens)

From: cyril <cyril_at_stockholding.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 10:45:21 +0530

Hi! suzy that works on almost all other servers (IBM,SUN i have seen!)...  but siemens NO!

 In fact we have had to take the decision of moving away databases from Reliant servers
 just because of this...

 I am very (very!) keen to know the solution...

 Is some siemens engineer, or Oracle guy looking this list!????

Jerry count me also , if you are making a count of people facing same problem!!!

Did you set DISPLAY and xhost + ? Does /tmp have plenty of space ??

Jerry Cunningham wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm trying to install 8.1.5 on Siemens Reliant UNIX and I'm getting the
following error when trying to start the installer:

> # pwd
> /cdrom
> # ./runInstaller
> Initializing Java Virtual Machine from
../stage/Components/oracle/swd/jre/1.1.7/1/DataFiles/Expanded/jre/reliantun ix/bin/jre. Please wait...