Credential retrieval failed

From: Richard Ji <richard_at_letsplay.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 12:25:47 -0400

I am running 8.1.6 on Win2000. At the beginning, I can do "connect internal" in svrmgrl or
sqlplus without being prompted for password.

One day I go into svrmgrl (and this is the same for sqlplus) I got "Credential retrieval failed"
message. I searched metalink and found the following:

Check the location of your sqlnet.ora file and make   sure that you have only one copy of this file.   Comment out these parameters in the sqlnet.ora file   if you are not using ASO and if it is present.

  SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (NONE)   sqlnet.crypto_seed = "randomly-chosen text"

So I commented out the following line in my sqlnet.ora file:

# SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS) But now when I do "connect internal" I am prompted for password. Received on Fri Jun 09 2000 - 11:25:47 CDT