RE: V$DATAFILE columns

From: Rahul <rahul_at_ratelindo.co.id>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 14:16:40 +0700

you could join v$filestat and v$dba_data_files to get the tablespace name

--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------------
select	substr(file_name,1,40) file_name,
	PHYRDS PHYRD,
	PHYWRTS PHYWR,
	ROUND(PHYBLKRD/decode(PHYRDS,0,1,PHYRDS),0) PER_READ,
	ROUND(PHYBLKWRT/decode(PHYWRTS,0,1,PHYWRTS),0) PER_WRITE,
	tablespace_name
from	v$filestat, dba_data_files
where	file#= file_id

order by 3
/

query the v$fixed_view_definition to get info on v$ views...

HTH rahul