RE: Privileges for truncate table

From: Elliott, Patrick <Patrick.Elliott_at_bestbuy.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 16:28:16 -0500

Delete table will not be enough. Test it.

TRUNCATE is DDL, and subsequently triggers updates to the system = tables.
DELETE is DML, and does not update system tables.

The user must either have delete any table privilege, or you could = create a
stored procedure owned by the owner of the table that does the truncate = for
the user. Then you just need to grant execute on the stored procedure.