Re: MTS server - reliability ?

From: cyril <cyril_at_stockholding.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 10:11:21 +0530

Hi Kent..

 Are ur users on WAN?
We are facing huge problems with MTS on users on WAN!

 Particularly when connection drops and the user's session cannot be terminated
 within 15 minutes!! (alter system kill takes almost a couple of hrs )

 and if the user is not killed, he puts the same transaction and we find the object locked!!!

 Can you pls tell how u handle this!

Works fine for us. We have used it on:

Oracle 7.3.4  on HP-UX 10.20
Oracle 7.3.4. on HP-UX 11.0
Oracle 8.0.5  on HP-UX 11.0

And we will shortly be testing it on Oracle 8.1.5 on HP-UX 11.0

Our init.ora parameters are set to

mts_dispatchers="tcp,4"
mts_max_dispatchers=5
mts_servers=70
mts_max_servers=140

We currently have about 2,000 users defined, and will grow to around 9,000.

We usually have less than 500 connections at one time.

Kent Wayson
Milwaukee Public Schools

waysonkw_at_mail.milwaukee.k12.wi.us Received on Thu Jun 08 2000 - 23:41:21 CDT