Re: Dropping a database under unix

From: Baiju Anthony <baiju_at_mahindrabt.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 14:17:29 +0530

I do this to remove a database on solaris :

1. Shut down the instance.
2. Delete all the datafiles, log files, control files of the database.
3. Remove the init{ORACLE_SID} file from $ORACLE_HOME/dbs directory
4. Remove the databases entry from /opt/var/oratab file.
5. Remove the databases entry from $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/listener.ora file.
6. Remove the databases entry from $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/tnsnames.ora file.
7. Remove the databases entry from the centrally maintained tnsnames.ora file ( if you
have one)

Thanks
Baiju
Oracle DBA