unix question: KSH pipes

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuck_hamilton_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 08:55:47 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1714636915-960479747=:28460

I have three SGI servers running the exact same version of IRIX (6.5.5 64 bit). I have a pipeline that works fine on two of them but not on the third. Here's the pipeline...

sar -w | (head -n 4 ; tail)

It prints the first 4 lines followed by the last 10 lines of the sar output on two machines. On the third it just prints the first 4 lines. Does anyone have any idea why? Is there an environment variable or set command I need to execute to make it work as it does on the other 2 machines?

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!
--0-1714636915-960479747=:28460

<P>I have three SGI servers running the exact same version of IRIX (6.5.5 64 bit). I have a pipeline that works fine on two of them but not on the third. Here's the pipeline...</P>
<P>sar -w | (head -n 4 ; tail)</P>
--0-1714636915-960479747=:28460-- Received on Thu Jun 08 2000 - 10:55:47 CDT