Re: Db_block_size

From: Eric Fang <eric_fang_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 10:18:33 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, Chris, Rachel and Guy for the answers. Actually we don't have production database(anytime), so I don't even have the archive log files. My question is what's the benefits of increasing the db_block_size, what is the limit?

    I recreated a database of 16K db_block_size yesterday and the performance increased about 50%. (Our application is about sending emails to as many customers as possible, basically just batch processing).

    Thanks.

Eric Fang