RE: Unable to take rollback segment offline

From: Elliott, Patrick <Patrick.Elliott_at_bestbuy.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 12:40:16 -0500

The offline of the rollback is "PENDING" that means Oracle is waiting for either a commit or a rollback on a transaction in the rollback segment. When the offending transaction commits or rolls back, the rollback segment will go offline. To automate this procedure, you almost need a pl/sql cursor loop to wait until the rollback segment is offline before you do anything with it. I generally take the rollback segments offline manually and then wait until their status truly says OFFLINE.