NET8 installed on a network drive

From: <Kim_Thompson_at_ci.sf.ca.us>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 14:23:58 -0700

     Is anyone installing NET8 version 8.1.5 (or lower) on a network drive
     to be shared by multiple workstations?  This has been our procedure
     for the past few years, and I have printed messages from the Oracle
     forum that state they support 16 bit shared installation of sqlnet
     with Oracle7 and 16 and 32 bit shared installation with Oracle8.  Only
     now with Oracle8i, I can't seem to get a shared installation to work
     by importing the registry and Oracle says this is a unsupported
     installation configuration.  Is anyone else using this method
     successfully for Windows 95 clients under version 8.1.5?  Is there any
     other simple way of configuring this so we don't need to manually
     update each workstation?

     TIA -

     Kim Thompson
     City and County of San Francisco