Window NT install

From: Glen Braden <g.a.braden_at_larc.nasa.gov>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 13:12:04 -0400

Okay... I been doing this Oracle DBA stuff for about 4 years now and get to do my first cold install of the product on a Windows NT server... I was told it is as easy as installing Personal Oracle.

While I am researching the manuals, is there any advice, pitfalls, preparations that the manuals don't cover? All our systems are on various flavors of UNIX. This is also the first Window NT Oracle database we will have responsibility for.

Thanks in advance

Sorry if this question is very elementary concerning skills....

Glen A Braden                  g.a.braden_at_larc.nasa.gov
DBA                                 gbraden_at_visi.net
                                         ICQ#33298579

(757) 865-8440 x130 http://sun1misb.larc.nasa.gov/bamis/
(757) 865-6426 Fax ADABAS 6.2.1 NATURAL 2.2.8++ TRIM 6.1.0
NCI Information Systems SUPERNATURAL 3.1.5 MVS/OS 390 CICS 4.3 ORACLE 6 (don't Ask), ORACLE 7,