Why do I get this sqlplus error?

From: Guang Mei <zlmei_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 21:18:28 GMT

Hi:

I have a sql script file called "test.sql" that I try to run in sqlplus. When I run it, it get the following error:

SQL> @e:\catalog_management\test;
drop table CATALOG_MANAGEMENT.HPXCATALOGBRANCH; *
ERROR at line 27:

ORA-06550: line 27, column 1:
PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "DROP" when expecting one of the
following:

begin declare else elsif end exit for goto if loop mod null pragma raise return select update while <an identifier>
<a double-quoted delimited-identifier> <a bind variable> <<
close current delete fetch lock insert open rollback savepoint set sql execute commit forall
<a single-quoted SQL string>

The symbol "lock was inserted before "DROP" to continue. ORA-06550: line 27, column 47:
PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol ";" when expecting one of the following: . , @ in <an identifier>
<a double-quoted delimited-identifier>

The drop table command is the first command in "drop_tabs_catalog_management.sql" file.

I am wondering why I got the error.

Thanks.

Guang

PS: Here is the code for "test.sql":

set serveroutput on

declare
  TABLE_COUNT NUMBER; begin

  select count(*) into TABLE_COUNT from all_tables where owner='CATALOG_MANAGEMENT';

  if TABLE_COUNT > 0 then

     dbms_output.put_line ('Error: There are tables in schema CATALOG_MANAGEMENT!');

     dbms_output.put_line ('Table Count = ' || TABLE_COUNT);
     @e:\catalog_management\drop_tabs_catalog_management.sql;

  else

     NUll;
     @e:\catalog_management\copy_from_prod_to_catalog_mang.sql;