RE: Tablespace Backup question

From: <sean.hull_at_pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 13:52:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 6 Jun 2000 Colin.Shaw_at_phs.com wrote:

> All this is not necessary when using RMAN because an RMAN backup is done by
> Oracle (as opposed to the operating system) and so no ALTER command or full
> block logging is necessary. But that's another story....

Colin:

I had heard this. I once had an interview (at a very large internet advertising/ad banner company) and they were saying they had so much data, that the conventional way, they were doing backups round the clock. That is they could barely finish a hotbackup in 24hours. Now that's a big database!

Thanks for the explanation. Received on Wed Jun 07 2000 - 12:52:32 CDT