Re:Web enabled forms

From: Robert Jenkins <rojenkin_at_district.vannet.k12.wa.us>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 10:26:14 -0700

There are very many options here.
You could use Developer to create forms and then run them thru OAS. Or you could use Designer to create forms and run them thru OAS. Or you could use the PL/SQL packages to create forms and run them thru = OAS.
Or you could write Java code and use OAS or another Web Server you may = have like Apache.
Or you could use WebDB and you wouldn't need OAS or a web server. WebDb = has a lightweight one of its own.
Or there are a variety of third party tools to create web reports/forms = running against an Oracle database using a variety of app/web servers. The possibilities go on and on. Which is part of the problem. What's = the best path for you? What skills do your developers currently have? = What sort of forms do you plan to develop? How many hits will you web = based apps take? What sort of response time is expected? Answer these = questions and more and then decide what tools you need.

>>> <dgoulet_at_vicr.com> 6/6/00 10:17:38 AM >>>
Nigel,

    I'd provide an answer. but it's more of a developer question which now (thankfully) is not in my area of responsibility. BUT, as I understand it you'll need Developer 2000 to create the forms and them OAS to run them = from the
web. Otherwise it's no different than any other forms app.

Author: Thomas.Nigel_at_viaginterkom.de=20
Date:       6/6/00 8:25 AM

Listers,

Is there anybody out there that is interested in oracle or is list just = for chat
room/ life discussions?

Is my question so difficult to answer?

Regards

Nigel Thomas

Thomas Nigel
06/06/2000 12:32

To: oracle-l_at_fatcity.com=20
cc:

Hi listers,

What do I need to enable my developers to access my database (read, update = etc)
via the company intranet.
Is it that I need the application server and designer 2000/developer 2000 = to
create the forms?
Are there any drawbacks?

Regards

Nigel Thomas

--=20
Author:=20
  INET: Thomas.Nigel_at_viaginterkom.de=20

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). --=20
Author:=20
  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com=20
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may Received on Tue Jun 06 2000 - 12:26:14 CDT