Re:RE: Re:RE: Equivalent of Access autonumber

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 12:06:18 -0400

George,

    We insert the date/time to the max accuracy that Oracle allows (100th of a second). Therefore retrieving the data in sorted order of when it was created is totally possible, unless as I said you truncate the date during insert in which case the time is always midnight. BTW, you can just use sysdate during the insert to get the exact time of creation.

Subject: RE: Re:RE: Equivalent of Access autonumber Author: George.Brennan_at_warnermusic.com
Date: 6/6/00 8:50 AM

Using a date column will only work if you specify that updates are >1 second apart.

George

  INET: George.Brennan_at_warnermusic.com