Re: Stopping a listener

From: Tom Pall <tpall_at_cdproc.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 15:12:13 -0500

Sparc Solaris 2.6, 2.7. When I stop the tcp listener, the dedicated processes remain, but new people cannot log in. When I restart, everything is back to normal.

Recently on a box with Oracle 8.0.5 and 8.1.6 were running, each with its own listener (one on port 1521, the other on 1526). I shut down the 8.0.5 listener, refreshed the 8.1.6 listener (listener.ora file edited for listening on ports 1521 and 1526 for both databases). Nobody noticed. And this is a heavily hit back end to an e-commerce site. ----- Original Message -----
From: Steve Orr <sorr_at_arzoo.com>
To: Oracledba <oracledba_at_QuickDoc.co.uk>; Oracle-L <oracle-l_at_fatcity.com> Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2000 1:23 PM
Subject: Stopping a listener