RE: Working, middle of night

From: Gurgaon, DBA (CAP, GECSI, CONTRACTOR) <DBA.Gurgaon_at_geind.GE.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 17:35:43 +0530

Yes you have to do the media recovery .
Do it in mount state.

Vikas
-----Original Message-----
From: Linda Hagedorn [mailto:Linda_at_pets.com] Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2000 4:56 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Subject: RE: Working, middle of night

Things are going the right direction now. I did the rename, and have 20 more files to go. I received a different error on the first file:

ORA-01113: file 1 needs media recovery
ORA-01110: data file 1:
'/opt/oracle/app/oracle/oradata/PETS/data/system01.dbf'

If the error still exists after all 20 files are altered, would RECOVER DATABASE be the correct action, and should the database be in nomount state?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Linda

Author: Serge Kosourikhin
  INET: kosour_at_braz.ru