RE: Re[2]: SPEED-UP OPERATION

From: Kristen Cameron <cameronkgd_at_inac.gc.ca>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 16:36:44 -0400

Thanks for the suggestions - you've given me a few new leads to follow.

The answers to your questions are:
No - but it has been since the new forms were added No - we've got one CPU and Raid 5, unfortunately Don't think so - but I'll be checking
Not sure - but I'll know soon!

Much appreciated.

>>> tharleman_at_iquest.net 6/4/2000 >>>

Some things to think about:
Has data entry into the database always been slow? Were the RDBMS files distributed using Oracles Optimal Flexible Architectur= e
(OFA)?
Do you have too many, unnecessary indexes on your tables? Have you indexed all foreign keys?

Tom Harleman
11080 Willowmere Dr.
Indianapolis, IN 46280
317-843-9122 Home Office

ThinkFast CONSULTING, Inc. (formerly Pinnacle Solutions) Technical Consultant
3500 DePauw Blvd. Suite 2071
Indianapolis, IN 46268
tharleman_at_thinkfast.com=20
317-334-1317 Office