Re: ORA-07445: exception encountered: core dump [8] [9] [0] [0] [] []

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_bcbso.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 08:55:14 -0700 (PDT)

And don't forget ORA-3113's, a virtually useles error code.

As for the ORA-7445's, I get these regularly. Seems that remote connections to our DW will cause them, as there is a 60 minute timeout on logins to the DW.

When remote session gets timed out and tries to use the connection, we see a ORa-7445, regardless of the client platform.

The server is Solaris 2.6 and Oracle 7.3.3.5.

Jared

On Mon, 5 Jun 2000, A. Bardeen wrote:

> Chatsuda,
>
> ORA-7445's are a very generic error message. Although
> similar to an ORA-600 error, the arguments are usually
> irrelevant as the identical circumstances can generate
> an error with completely different arguments on
> different platforms. You need to log a tar with
> Oracle support. They'll need the alert.log and the
> trace file generated by the ORA-7445.
>
> If you know what table(s) were being accessed when the
> ORA-7445 occurs, I'd start with running an ANALYZE
> TABLE <table> VALIDATE STRUCTURE CASCADE on the tables
> involved. When statistics are in place the CBO may be
> using an explain plan which does a full table scan,
> whereas when you delete the statistics the query might
> be using the RBO which will always use an available
> index. If there's corruption in the table the index
> access might be skipping the corrupt block.
>
> HTH,
>
> -- Anita
>
> --- Chatsuda Watcharakul
> <chatsuda.watcharakul_at_th.origin-it.com> wrote:
> > Dear All,
> > Does anybody experience with the :
> > ORA-07445: exception encountered: core dump [8] [9]
> > [0] [0] [] []?.
> > This cause so many the core dump.
> > I investigate that the core dump occure whenever
> > the tables/indexes
> > has statistics but whenever I delete statistics from
> > tables/indexes the
> > core dump not generate any more.
> >
> > My environment is :
> > - Oracle Version 7.3.4.4, DEC/OSF1
> > - configure as MTS
> > - "CHOOSE" with running statistics every Sunday and
> > Wednesday
> >
> > Your suggest would be appreciate
> > Chatsuda
> >

> > --
> > Author: Chatsuda Watcharakul
> > INET: chatsuda.watcharakul_at_th.origin-it.com
> >
> > Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX:
> > (858) 538-5051
> > San Diego, California -- Public Internet

> > from). You may
> > (like subscribing).

> Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!
> http://photos.yahoo.com
> --
> Author: A. Bardeen
> INET: abardeen1_at_yahoo.com

Jared Still
Certified Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist ;-) Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon Received on Mon Jun 05 2000 - 10:55:14 CDT