Re: Posts taking long time

From: Tom Pall <tpall_at_cdproc.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 08:42:25 -0500

I am trying to get set up on the ODTUG-DISC2K-L group, also on fatcity.com. The lag time on Friday afternnoon on that list was in the order of hours and now seems to have stopped entirely. It's not just your e-mail, I suspect.

I came upon a quote a few days ago which blew me away, it's so right on:

"If automobiles had followed the same development cycle as the

          computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles
          per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside."
          --Robert Cringley

Perhaps fatcity.com has had a couple of blow ups.