Re: Nologging

From: Joseph S. Testa <teci_at_oracle-dba.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 22:13:05 -0400

right out of oracle docs, 8.1.5 on create table statement:

In NOLOGGING mode, data is modified with minimal logging (to mark new extents INVALID and to record dictionary changes). When applied during media recovery, the extent invalidation records mark a range of blocks as logically corrupt, because the redo data is not fully logged. Therefore, if you cannot afford to lose this table, you should take a backup after the NOLOGGING operation.

Joe

--
Joe Testa  http://www.oracle-dba.com
Oracle 8i documentation online http://www.oracle-dba.com/oracle-docs