Re: Crossing Oracle in NT

From: Heidi E. Schmidt <heidi_at_cybercom.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 08:29:33 -0400 (EDT)

There is an application called Install Wizard It tracks the install and changes made to the OS & registry.

Unfortuneately in this case it isn't the solution you want, but I mention it here for other folks who would like to do what your about to do.

It will create a "package" of all the applications and changes you make and follow you through to the next session after reboot. It then when told to do so will compile the package you install. Caveats I can think of which you already addressed are creating a baseline for the OS. *which you can do with Ghosting*

I hope this helps you out.

        Heidi

> I have a machine (test) with windows NT with a installation of Oracle
> Aplications with patches and all the possibles configurations, is ready !.
> Now, I have a new machine (prod) and I need to pass all Oracle Aplications
> installations, here.
> I know the variable's registry, the orant folder, applr11 folder, html folder,
> java folder, jdk folder ,only...
> Naturally, I remenber the all database (datafiles, controlfiles, logfiles,
> init.ora).
>
> What another things have on mind ?
> I need your helps

 -%---%---%---%----%----%----%----%---%----%---%----%----%----%----%---%---%--  "What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out,

	 which is the exact opposite."
 			        -- Bertrand Russell, "Skeptical_Essays", 1928