RMAN statement on Loney site.

From: Grabowy, Chris <cgrabowy_at_fcg.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 09:36:54 -0400

One of the DBAs here was reading everything he could find about RMAN, so that he could make some sort of decision about whether or not to start using RMAN. Everything was a go until he stumbled across this bit of news from Kevin Loney's site....

5/30/00
At the closing of the IOUG conference, none of the experts on stage would endorse RMAN. As one noted, RMAN's use of control files may cause your control files to become I/O bottlenecks in your database.

So now we are curious about what people have experienced with RMAN, pros and cons. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Chris Grabowy
"May Oracle be with you...always" Received on Fri Jun 02 2000 - 08:36:54 CDT