RE: Your frank opinion

From: Deshpande, Kirti <Kirti.Deshpande_at_gtedc.gte.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 22:12:42 -0500

In another unrelated thread, I mentioned that on an average I put it in about 40-42 hours a week. At times I have to put in a lot more. Many a times it is difficult to charge hours to end user departments (we have charge back system) for lack of real work. Self study & Training is one category to charge to within our own Dept. But too much of its use gives a wrong impression to the Damagement. I still charge a hefty amount to it. Some day they may figure it out..
Anyway, since early today I have been migrating 4 databases (~40-50 GB each) to 8.0.6.0 (from 7.2.3 and 7.3.4) to a different server while performing restructuring of 3. I am not complaining of non stop long hours. But from Monday, I will be back to 8.1.6 experimentation & self studying.. As Joe said, it pays to know more..