Re: Oracle Lite on 98 and TNS

From: Steff Gonos <steff_gonos_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 11:23:18 -0700 (PDT)

Anita:

I detest users who have to install stuff themselves - this guy had a lap top with a previous version (didn't know it at the time) installed.
He assumed that it worked like regular Oracle.. was looking for listener....

We got it working sort of -called Oracle support You're right about the CAPS for POLITE. We still have a pop up that warns us about SQLPLUS80.EXE not being compatabile with 98.... we deinstalled the SQLPLUS version and reinstalled and still got the same pop up.... we can ignore it.

I don't think this is going to meet his needs. He's still having some ODBC and JDBC problems. He wants to

do development on it and the group is being cheap about
the machine. We're pushing to get him back to the world of NT. Thanks for your experiences.

Steff Gonos
Litton/TASC

If it's true that we are here to help others, then what

      exactly are the OTHERS here for?