Replication

From: McMahon,Peter <peter.mcmahon_at_factore.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 16:33:24 +0100

All

starting to look at replication of our DB to a DR sight - currently on Version 8 - plan to be 8i maybe by year end - or next year (possibly both). Running on Sun h/w and using veritas volume manager

Goal - zero data lost !!!! :-)

We are looking at Advanced Replication from Oracle and Shareplex from Quest

Any body care to share experience with these ?

Anyone done comparisons etc and actually implemented one over the other?

Any other alternatives (EMC is already ruled out)

Thanks in advance   Received on Thu Jun 01 2000 - 10:33:24 CDT