Migrating tablespaces from dictionary to local

From: Thomas Jeff <ThomasJe_at_tce.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 18:16:48 -0500

Has anyone been using the dbms_space_admin.tablespace_migrate_to_local procedure to migrate tablespaces from dictionary to local?

I've noted something possibly odd in DBA_TABLESPACES as a consequence of using this procedure:

SQL> select tablespace_name, extent_management, allocation_type from dba_tablespaces;

TABLESPACE_NAME                EXTENT_MAN ALLOCATIO
JEFF_DT00                      DICTIONARY USER
JEFF_DT01                      LOCAL      USER
JEFF_DT02                      LOCAL      SYSTEM
JEFF_DT03                      LOCAL      UNIFORM

I thought that there were only two different allocation types for locally-managed tablespaces, UNIFORM and SYSTEM. Yet, after migrating JEFF_DT01 from dictionary to local using the DBMS_SPACE_ADMIN package, I see a 'third' type, USERS. Is this correct, or is it an error or bug in the procedure or data dictionary?

Jeff T. Received on Thu Jun 01 2000 - 18:16:48 CDT