database creation error and other errors

From: Rajanish Joshi <rajanish_joshi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 04:26:28 PDT

Dear List,

I am working on a portal development.My software and hardware specifications are as follows

Operation system :Sun solaris 2.6         394 Mb ram 9 gig hdd
Database	 :Oracle 8i(8.1.5)

Java servlets
Apache server
jdbc type 3 driver

I have three specific queries to be asked

  1. When ever I tried to create second database It gives me ora error post wait intialization failed.(last time I got many answers for this i.e check your semafores in etc/system accordingly I changed this file but still it is not allowing me to create the second database. I am attaching the etc/system file here :
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=100108864
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=400
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=100
set semsys:seminfo_semmap=400
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=200
set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=200
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=400
set semsys:seminfo_semopm=100
set semsys:seminfo_semvmx=32767

do I have to change any of these settings ?does this is because there is space constraint on the /root ?so how I can create another database, please guide me.

2) Other suggestion wanted is How I can use 1000 concurrent user with this database without buying 1000 client users licences ?any middleware server who can take care of these many concurrent users?

3)In my developement database I found that folloing two initSID.ora parameters get exhausted very quickly ,is it is because we are using java servlets ?

Process = 200
open_cursors = 150

On test database I found that the process parameter get exceded very quickly and then servlet stop processing ? any tips I made sure that the connection to the servlet get closed explicitly.

  I know these 3 issues are different,but please help me in this.Thanks in advance.

P.S Any good book on Oracle and Java database devlopment book ?if possible please sent mail to rajanish_joshi_at_hotmail.com as I am a digest user of the list .
Thanks in advance .

Regards,
Rajanish Joshi
Pune India