RE: How to change the value of MAXDATAFILES of a running instance

From: Cale, Rick T (Richard) <RICHARD.T.CALE_at_saic.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 07:44:35 -0700

Steve Boyd's suggestion should work I know I have done it before.

	 ALTER DATABASE BACKUP CONTROLFILE TO TRACE;
	Locate the generted script and modify the parameter in the script
	Shutdown database normal
	Rename the current control files
	From internal account in svrmgr run the script. Note:The script will
have a startup nomount.
	Alter database open

	This should do it.

	Rick

I've to
> do something else too. I don't know what !!!!
>=20

DATABASE
> BACKUP
> > CONTROLFILE TO TRACE;
> >
> > Up the parameter in the script this generates, and recreate the
> controlfile.
> > Of course, you will need to take down your database to do this.
> >
> > >From: ALEMU Abiy <abiy.alemu_at_criltechnology.com>
> > >To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
> > >Subject: How to change the value of MAXDATAFILES of a running =
instance
> ?
> > >Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 07:56:04 -0800
> > >
> > >Is there somebody who knows how to change the MAXDATAFILES =
parameter
> value
> > >of a running database ? If so, I'm really very grateful to anyone =
who
> can
> > >explain me.
> > >
> > >Thank you friends !!!
> > >--
> > >Author: ALEMU Abiy
> > > INET: abiy.alemu_at_criltechnology.com
> > >
> > >Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX: (858) =
538-5051
> > >San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing =
Lists