Windows Client SQL*Net Trace connecting to OS/390 Instance

From: <dave.ryan_at_swp.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 10:16:23 -0600

On Windows95, we set Trace_Level_Client=16 in SQLNET.ORA.

SQL*Plus connections to Oracle 8.0.5 on SunOS and to Oracle 7.3.2 on OS/2 produce the expected SQLNET.TRC file ... can see the sql statements being send to the server and the information back from the server (ie. error messages).

SQL*Plus connections to Oracle 7.3.3 on OS/390 produce the SQLNET.TRC file but the information being sent to and from the sever is not readable. Is this a translation problem between ebcdic and ascii (?). We need to see what error message is being returned from the server to the Power Builder application.

What needs to be set so we can use the client SQL*Net trace to our OS/390 instance.

Thanks, Received on Wed May 31 2000 - 11:16:23 CDT