RE: How to change the value of MAXDATAFILES of a running instance

From: Aldo Sigura <asigura_at_cmsenergy.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 10:58:22 -0300

--0__=SI2UvLx8NJYODBhJYfy8d0LKnZKo3T5FbihZvFLvyhboJhO7m3Us6e7w Content-type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Disposition: inline

The value of MAXDATAFILES is stored in the control files. When you make ALTER DATABASE BACKUP CONTROLFILE the commands are in the trace file to recreate the control files. In this moment the proccess take from the init.ora the parameter MAXDATAFILE, because you should previously change this parameter in the init.ora.

Aldo Sigura
DBA - Empresa Distribuidora de Electricidad de Entre Rios S.A. Parana - Entre Rios - Argentina

ALEMU Abiy <abiy.alemu_at_criltechnology.com> on 31/05/2000 09:17:33

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc: (bcc: Aldo Sigura/EDEER/CMS)
Subject: RE: How to change the value of MAXDATAFILES of a running instance

What do you mean by recreating the control files ?

Author: Steve Boyd
  INET: pimaco_oracle_at_hotmail.com

Author: ALEMU Abiy
  INET: abiy.alemu_at_criltechnology.com