Re: connect internal

From: Frank Evans <evansf_at_ohsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 13:06:58 -0700

We used for 80521 and 815

sqlplus /nolog @/fis02/app/oracle/custom/admin/bin/start_db_pin1.param sqlplus /nolog @/fis02/app/oracle/custom/admin/bin/start_db_pin2.param

We used two separate param files because 815 choke when you tried to pin = packages, etc
immediately after startup

more start_db_pin1.param
connect internal
startup
exit

connect internal

@/fis02/app/oracle/custom/admin/bin/pin_sys_pack.sql
@/fis02/app/oracle/custom/admin/bin/ADXSPPNS.sql
@/fis02/app/oracle/custom/admin/bin/ADXSPPIN.sql
exit

tks frank evans=20

>>> teci_at_oracle-dba.com 5/30/00 1:47:46 PM >>>
for startup, u can't shutdown and expect startup without exiting sqlplus = first.

to startup

sqlplus / as sysdba
startup;

works like a champ.

joe

Jared Still wrote:

> You're welcome.
>
> Although I can't say that I've found sqlplus to yet
> be a replacement for svrmgrl. Shutting down a database
> seems to work, but starting one from sqlplus has not
> yet worked correctly for me.
>
> Jared
>
> On Tue, 30 May 2000 mleith_at_bradmark.co.uk wrote:
>
> > Hey,
> >
> > Thanks for the update, can't you tell that I havn't sunk my teeth in =
to an 8i database yet :)

> > Regards
> >
> > Mark

SQL*Plus. > You can only connect with internal through SRVMGR. Run = svrmgr30 and try again...
> > > As of 8.1.5, that is not true. You *can* connect as internal in =
sqlplus.

> > Jared

Lists
> > > INET: mleith_at_bradmark.co.uk=20
> > > San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing =
Lists
> > > Jared Still
> > Certified Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist ;-)
> > Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon
> > jkstill_at_bcbso.com - Work - preferred address
> > jkstill_at_teleport.com - private
> >

> > << File: ENVELOPE.TXT >>
>
> Jared Still
> Certified Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist ;-)
> Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon
> jkstill_at_bcbso.com - Work - preferred address
> jkstill_at_teleport.com - private
>
> --
> Author: Jared Still
> INET: jkstill_at_bcbso.com=20

--=20
Author: Joseph S. Testa
  INET: teci_at_oracle-dba.com=20

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L Received on Wed May 31 2000 - 15:06:58 CDT