Reports server on AIX

From: Louis BROUILLETTE <Louis_Brouillette_at_UQTR.UQuebec.CA>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 14:33:46 -0400

I have 2 questions about Reports server 6.0 on AIX.

Environment: IBM AIX 4.2.1

             OAS 4.0.8.1
             Developer server 6.0
             Oracle 7.3.4.5

  1. As I found in documentation, I tried to start the Reports server with the following command: nohup rwmts60 name=repserv60 &

   The nohup is suppose to prevent the reports server to terminate upon disconnecting the session. It still terminates.

   The Reports server is working well but terminates with the session.

   So, the question is: Anybody succeeded with starting a Reports server that doesn't terminate with the session. If yes, how ?

2) Still about the Reports server: once it is started, how do you stop it ? The only way I found is to kill the process or disconnect the session.

Any help will be appreciated.

Louis Brouillette
Analyste en informatique (DBA)
Universite du Quebec a Trois-Rivieres
Tel: (819) 376-5011 ext. 2435
Email: Louis_Brouillette_at_uqtr.uquebec.ca Received on Wed May 31 2000 - 13:33:46 CDT