RE: How to change the value of MAXDATAFILES of a running instance

From: Miguel Urosa <murosa_at_smseuropa.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 16:23:08 +0200

        ALEMU make following steps:

                1.- alter database backup controfile to trace noresetlogs;

		2.- Edit your dump file and modify MAXDATAFILES value.
Normally you 	can find that file in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/log.

		3.- Shutdown your database.

		4.- Startup nomount your database.

		5.- Run the 'create controlfile' command in your dump file.

		6.- alter database open;

	Maybe, before that, it's interesting you make a full backup and,
after that, another full backup.

        HTH         Regards.

        Miguel.

Lists